Below are tonight’s game notes for the Rockies’ 6:10 p.m. MT game against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park.
Below are tonight’s game notes for the Rockies’ 5:20 p.m. MT game against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park.
COLORADO ROCKIES RECALL RIGHT-HANDED PITCHER CARLOS ESTEVEZ FROM TRIPLE-A ALBUQUERQUE
Right-handed pitcher Scott Oberg placed on the 15-day disabled list with axillary artery thrombosis
MILWAUKEE – The Colorado Rockies announced today that they have recalled right-handed pitcher Carlos Estevez from Triple-A Albuquerque and placed right-hander Scott Oberg on the 15-day disabled list with axillary artery thrombosis in his right arm (retroactive to Aug. 20).
• Estevez, 23, will be making his second stint on the active roster in his first season with the Rockies … was recalled from Triple-A on April 22 and made his Major League debut the following day against Los Angeles-NL (2.0 IP, BB, SO) … went 2-7 with 11 saves (ranks second among ML rookies) and a 5.28 ERA (44.1 IP, 26 ER) with 38 hits, 21 walks and 50 strikeouts in his 49 appearances with the Rockies prior to being optioned to Triple-A on Aug. 19 … did not appear for Albuquerque in his most recent stint … in five Triple-A appearances in April, went 1-0 with a 3.18 ERA (5.2 IP, 2 ER), six hits, three walks and four strikeouts … was originally signed by the Rockies as an international free agent on May 31, 2011. Estevez Stats
• Oberg, 26, has made three stints with the Rockies this season … this is his first disabled list placement in his Major League career … is 1-1 with one save over his 24 appearances with the Rockies this season with a 5.19 ERA (26.0 IP, 15 ER), 26 hits, 11 walks and 20 strikeouts … made 64 appearances in his rookie season with the Rockies in 2015, going 3-4 with one save and a 5.09 ERA (58.1 IP, 33 ER) … was originally selected by the Rockies in the 15th round of the 2012 First-Year Player Draft out of the University of Connecticut. Oberg Stats
The Rockies currently have a full 40-man roster.
Below are today’s postgame notes from the Rockies’ 11-4 win over the Chicago Cubs at Coors Field.
The Rockies, looking to get out to an early lead in today’s rubber match, jumped on Cubs starting pitcher Jason Hammel for seven runs in the first inning. To get the scoring started, Nolan Arenado sent a baseball 444’ down the left field line, just inside the foul pole for a three-run home run.
Arenado, who had 10 more RBI than any other player in the National League coming into today’s game, crossed the 100 RBI threshold for the second consecutive season (recorded 130 RBI in 2015) with his 31st home run of the season.
With that home run, Arenado became the first Rockies player since Matt Holliday (2006-2007) to record consecutive seasons with at least 30 home runs and 100 RBI. Other players with consecutive 30/100 seasons for the Rockies are Dante Bichette (1995-1996), Vinny Castilla (1996-1999), Andres Galarraga (1995-1997), Todd Helton (1999-2003).
The seven runs put up by the Rockies in the first inning marked the eighth time in history that they have scored at least seven in the first inning at Coors Field. The last time it happened prior to today, you ask? It was last Wednesday against the Nationals, when the Rockies put up seven against Stephen Strasburg.
Below are today’s game notes for the Rockies’ 2:10 p.m. MT game against the Chicago Cubs at Coors Field.
Below are tonight’s postgame notes from the Rockies’ 9-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs at Coors Field.
Below are tonight’s game notes for the Rockies’ 6:10 p.m. MT game against the Chicago Cubs at Coors Field.
ROCKIES SELECT RIGHT-HANDER JEFF HOFFMAN FROM TRIPLE-A ALBUQUERQUE
Right-handed pitcher Christian Bergman optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque; left-hander Jason Gurka released
DENVER – The Colorado Rockies announced today that they have selected the contract of right-handed pitcher Jeff Hoffman from Triple-A Albuquerque and optioned right-handed pitcher Christian Bergman to Triple-A. Additionally, the Rockies have requested waivers on left-handed pitcher Jason Gurka for the purpose of granting his unconditional release.
- Hoffman, 23, will be making his Major League debut tonight vs. the Chicago Cubs wearing number 34 … in 22 starts with Albuquerque, was 6-9 with a 4.02 ERA (118.2 IP, 53 ER), 117 hits, 44 walks and 124 strikeouts … his 124 strikeouts rank second in the Pacific Coast League … he was one of three Rockies prospects to participate in the 2016 Futures Game, where he pitched one scoreless inning with one hit and one strikeout … has a career Minor League record of 11-14 with a 3.56 ERA (222.2 IP, 88 ER) in 42 starts with 71 walks and 199 strikeouts … was acquired by the Rockies from the Toronto Blue Jays on July 28, 2015 along with right-handed pitchers Miguel Castro and Jesus Tinoco and infielder Jose Reyes in exchange for right-hander LaTroy Hawkins and shortstop Troy Tulowitzki … was originally selected by the Blue Jays in the first round (ninth overall) of the 2014 First-Year Player Draft out of East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C. Hoffman Stats
- Bergman, 28, was recalled from Triple-A on Tuesday and made one appearance, pitching one inning and allowing two runs vs. Washington on Wednesday … in 10 appearances, one start, for the Rockies this season he is 1-3 with a 6.52 ERA (19.1 IP, 14 ER), five walks and 19 strikeouts … made his only start April 16 at Chicago-NL and pitched five innings, allowing two runs on four hits … was placed on the 15-day disabled list May 20 with a strained left oblique … was removed from the disabled list on July 9 and optioned to Triple-A … in nine starts with Albuquerque, went 2-3 with a 4.23 ERA (44.2 IP, 21 ER), 48 hits, 12 walks and 30 strikeouts … in parts of three seasons with the Rockies (2014-16), is 7-9 with a 5.44 ERA (142.1 IP, 86 ER), 30 walks and 87 strikeouts … was selected by the Rockies in the 24th round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of UC Irvine. Bergman Stats
- Gurka, 28, was a member of his first Opening Day roster and went 0-0 with a 9.31 ERA (9.2 IP, 10 ER), two walks and seven strikeouts in six appearances with the Rockies this season … was optioned to Triple-A on April 22 where he went 0-1 with a 1.69 ERA (21.1 IP, 4 ER), four saves, six walks and 31 strikeouts in 18 games with the Isotopes … in 15 career appearances with the Rockies across 2014-15, went 0-0 with a 9.35 ERA (17.1 IP, 18 ER), four walks and 14 strikeouts. Gurka Stats
Additionally, right-handed pitcher Gonzalez Germen has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Albuquerque. Germen was designated for assignment Aug. 12. Germen Stats
The Rockies currently have a full 40-man roster.
Below are tonight’s postgame notes from the Rockies’ 7-6 extra innings, walk-off win against the Chicago Cubs.